Review & Swatches: EM Cosmetics Chiaroscuro Contour and Highlighter Stick in Deep


EM Cosmetics Chiaroscuro Contour and Highlighter Stick in Deep contains 8 grams / 0.28 oz. of product and retails for $25. The contour color is a dark brown with some very slightly red undertones and the highlight color is a shimmery golden beige. The name of this product comes from an art technique that uses lightness and darkness to create dimension. 


The packaging is light weight white metal and it is very sturdy. The packaging can be swiveled up and down. 

Both the highlight and contour products have a cream to powder finish and are blendable. The contour color is very pigmented and I only need a small swipe in the hollows of my cheek to define that area. It does have a bit of a reddy undertone on me, which was initially disappointing. Because it's supposed to create a "shadow," I thought it would be more cool or neutral toned. The red makes me look more naturally tan and defined though. 

The highlight shade is a bit too dark for my skin at first swatch, but it blends so effortlessly into my skin that it leaves a very lovely sheen. It's not too shimmery, but it's also not subtle. I usually apply this product directly onto my skin and then blend it out using my finger. The only other cream highlighter I have is Benefit's Watt's Up and that product is more dry in comparison to the Chiaroscuro product. 

I am a Urban Decay Naked Skin 6.0 and MUFE HD Foundation 127. I've read other reviews and medium looked too light for me. The color range of this product is not for a wide range of people and that's the only downside for me. 

Final thoughts: I am not completely in love with this product, but I do really like it. Since they're cream products, it looks more natural and won't look too cakey on. This product is easy to use and is really convenient to use. If you want to start using cream products for contouring and highlighting, I highly recommend this. 







Highlight on the cheekbones and above the brow. Contour in the hollows and around the forehead.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment