Review & Swatches: Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Chocolat


Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Chocolat is described as a "shimmering bronzed brown" but it has some gold in it. It contains 0.077 ounces / 2.2 grams of product and retails for $20. This product can be used dry or wet and when it is wet, the color is darker and more brown and fits the name "Chocolat" more. 


The packaging is very interesting and I included many pictures in this post. The packaging was made to connect to other products in Jouer's line. Products could either be placed side by side or even in the back. There is a small mirror on the lid and it's perfect for those who are on the go. The lid doesn't extend that far back and I believe it's so that it would've affect other connected products. This is my only Jouer product (so far!) so I'm not sure if that is the real reason. 

The pigmentation is on the sheerer side when it is used dry, but it is not patchy or weird like how some other shadows can be. It still looks great when layered on to make it more opaque too. It is more opaque when used wet, though. It applies on so smoothly and there is barely any fall out. The best way I can describe the texture is to say it's thin. I wore this eyeshadow for about 7 hours without primer and it still looked great. There wasn't any fading or creasing and I think it's because of the thinnes of the eyeshadow. 

Golden bronzed brown colors are my absolute favorite and Chocolat is now one of my favorite eyeshadows. As mentioned, Chocolat is darker when used wet and so it can be like a two in one eyeshadow. In the eye swatches I included below, I used it wet on the outer corner of my eyes to create more definition without having to use another eyeshadow. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Smog and theBalm Eyeshadow in Schitzo (renamed Seductive) are very close dupes. Schitzo is closer to Chocolat though when it is swatched dry and Smog is darker and more pigmented. 

Final thoughts: Chocolat is one of those shades where you can messily put on and would still look beautiful. It isn't the most unique color, but I think it's one of the better versions of this color since it can be used wet and dry. UD's Smog is my favorite eyeshadow to use, but Chocolat is starting to take that #1 spot. 














L to R : Finger swatch / Swatch with a fluffy brush / Swatch with wet brush 

Used dry on the inner half and wet on the outer half. 


Used dry on the inner half and the crease / Used wet on the outer half




Share

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I stumbled onto your blog somehow.. new follower here :) I'm a big fan of these golden brown shadows too, I think they are a perfect match to a graphic cat eye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn! Thanks for following. It means a lot to me (: I have so many golden browns, but I can't stop! I love them so much.

      Delete