Mini Review & Swatches: The Burberry Beauty Box for 2016 (Blush in Cameo, Lip Velvet Lipstick in Rosewood, and Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base)


Last year, Burberry released a Beauty Box with some deluxe sized minis of some of their best sellers and it introduced me to two of my favorite products. This year, Burberry is doing it again and released another beauty box! They switched out the lipstick and blush color, but the mini of the kabuki brush and Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance No. 01 is the same. The whole set retails for $32 and keeps going in and out of stock on the Sephora website here.



There's something about Burberry packaging that makes me so happy. Even as minis, the blush and lipstick feel sturdy and luxurious. I'm also super glad that they included the kabuki brush again because it's one of my favorite brushes to use with last year's blush in Earthy to contour my cheek bones.



The Breakdown 

The Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Cameo is a plum based blush but it also shows up a bit more red on my cheeks. On my skin tone, it can also look like I'm naturally blushing from being outside. Like Earthy, the formula is more on the sheer but buildable side. It has a slight satin finish that helps with the natural "light glow" effect but it doesn't emphasize my dry skin. The full size version retails for $42 for 0.24 ounces, but this deluxe size version contains 0.08 ounces and that converts to be around $14.

The Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance is something I'm actually really meh about. I'm just more of a fan of the Becca Backlight Priming Filter and Pony Effect Strobing Luminzer that the the Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base didn't impress me that much. Cindy from cindyhyue loves it though and she always has great recommendations! The full size version retails for $48 and contains 1 ounce. The deluxe size version contains 0.17 ounces and the value is about $8.16.

The last makeup item is the Burberry Lip Velvet Lipstick in Rosewood and it's a dark warm pink with some rosy tones to it. I'm so glad for colors like this because they're really getting me to start appreciating pink lipsticks. The Lip Velvet formula is one of my favorite lipstick formulas since they're not fully matte and so they end up being more creamy and comfortable on the lips. They're also pretty pigmented with just one swipe. The full size version retails for $34 and contains 0.12 ounces. The deluxe size version in this set contains 0.035 ounces and values at ~$9.92.

For the kabuki brush, I think it only comes in this box and so I can't do the price breakdown. All together, the value of each deluxe size item does end up being around ~$32. It's not a huge saving like some other sets, but for someone that never finishes blushes or lipsticks, this is a great set. It also has the lipstick and blush colors that I've been wanting for months and so I'm really happy with this purchase.

If you're interested in Burberry, I would highly recommend these sets if they're in stock. They are a luxury makeup brand and so the full size prices are usually hard to swallow and so these sets are great as an introduction to the brand. If you can, I would snatch it up the next time it's back in stock.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment